Microsoft FrontPage Server Extensions Version 2.0 for
Read this file in conjunction with the README
file that came with the release. Start with the README file
and refer here for installation instructions and server-specific
The FrontPage Server Extensions support Netscape
Communications Server 1.12, Netscape Commerce Server 1.12, Netscape
FastTrack Server 2.0, and Netscape Enterprise Server 2.0.
- Mount the CD-ROM and change to the appropriate directory
for your platform.
- Copy the httpd.tar file from the CD-ROM to the directory
in which you want to install the program.
- Untar the release. For example, if you have space under
the /www directory:
tar xvof httpd.tar
- Change to the httpd directory.
- Change into install directory (so you are now in the
- Run ./ns-setup. You must be logged in as root or else you
will get error messages.
- Set the "Server User" to reflect your FrontPage
- Configure per-directory configuration files (for access
- Infer base directory from URL
- File name = ".nsconfig"
- Search subdirectories for configuration files
For more information see the "Netscape Commerce
and Communication Servers Installation and Reference
- Make sure the FrontPage user has read/write permissions
on the configuration files: magnus.conf and obj.conf.
Netscape Server Issues
- When installing the FrontPage server extensions, the
FrontPage server administrator will ask for the name of
your configuration file. Give the name of your
- You cannot set a web to be restricted to valid end-users
only. If you do set this, you will get a message that
says "This server does not support restricting end